Saturday, May 22, 2010

What the beef?

Alright, I know my last post wasn’t exactly food, but my blog is about food and “conversation” in the kitchen. That would include Art, Music, Politics and whatever else is discussed alongside food or not.

I’ve gone the ultra boring route of food this month…simple sandwiches, plain ole spaghetti and salads that are not all that intriguing to post to everyone. So, my culinary attempts this month are a bit scarce and I apologize for that. I’ve been a bit more focused on the job hunt, with good activity, however nothing that’s panned out yet. But right now, the month of May is seemingly about art…my art.

Any good follower has seen my last painting and I hope everyone liked what I created. This next painting is something I’ve wanted to do for quite a while now, but never could paint it as I wanted until now. I just somehow found the feeling and it all came together as I saw in my head and dreams for so long.

I haven’t named it yet, but I will tell you that this picture may seem happy, but it ultimately tells the story of a heart falling to the bottom with a protective barrier. I never thought I would have to explain my art in a depressing way, but this picture is a bit special to me right now.

However, even though what I painted is such an emotional thing, it doesn’t mean it can’t be a happy painting to others. As I always say and others may say: “Art is in the eye of the beholder, regardless of the original intent.”

I hope you all like it.


2 comments:

♥ Kathy said...

Oh I think it's beautiful E!!

SweetPeaSurry said...

I love that one ... really well done dahlink!