Thursday, July 15, 2010

Boiled PerfEGGtion

So, I am not one to really endorse products (yet), but I do feel the need to endorse a Website that I believe will help everyone, when it comes to the basic food product we call the “Egg”.

How many times have you wanted to hard boil/cook eggs and when you do so, you go by what Mamma or Grandma (maybe there are some dads and grandpas too) taught you? You boil water and place your eggs in boiling water for 10-15 minutes depending on the egg size, some of the eggs from the boiling process crack and after the process those eggs are now hard boiled/cooked with green yolks and rubbery whites.

Well, for many years, I followed what I was taught and observed in my family and one day, a few years ago I decided that I “didn’t” know how to hard boil/cook an egg properly. I always had trouble with the green outer ring of the yolk and sometimes a rubbery white, which in my book isn’t all that tasty and proper to serve to anyone, including myself.

So, I determined that all my previous experience was a bad habit and did my research. There are many great websites about eggs out there, but the one website I found, which is advertised in a quiet way is the Incredible Edible Egg site.

Not only do they provide great egg recipes, but they also provide the basics. I’ve searched other well known “Egg Brand” sites, but for the basic essential way to Hard Boil Eggs and I found that the Incredible Edible Egg site provided the best, simplest instruction and consistent results every time. Also, their method of Hard Boiled/Cooked Eggs has not let me down yet. For the past 2 years, the method they provide has not let me down once.

Other methods just don’t make any sense and the Incredible Edible Egg method literally just works the best. My eggs come out perfectly every time, no green rimmed yolks, no rubbery whites and the eggs are easy to peel.

So, I urge all of you out there to forget what you were told on how to hard boil/cook eggs and re-train yourself to the Incredible Edible Egg method. I am not kidding…I have not been disappointed and therefore is the reason I have posted this blog!
Basic Hard Boiled/Cooked Egg Recipe Link
For those who are lazy and don’t want to check out the site, here are the instructions:

  1. PLACE eggs in saucepan large enough to hold them in single layer. ADD cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch. HEAT over high heat just to boiling. REMOVE from burner. COVER pan.
  2. LET EGGS STAND in hot water about 15 minutes for large eggs (12 minutes for medium eggs; 18 minutes for extra large).
  3. DRAIN immediately and serve warm. OR, cool completely under cold running water or in bowl of ice water, then REFRIGERATE.
Note: Unshelled Hard Boild Eggs can last for 1 week in the Fridge.  Shelled should be consumed same day.

Enjoy Everyone!

No comments: