Friday, January 29, 2010

Hankerin’ for junk food?

I don’t know about anyone else out there, but I LOVE potato chips. I hadn’t thought about making them from scratch for a long, long time, until I recently made a huge batch of Gnocchi and had 2 russet potatoes left.

So the end result was that I did make a batch of homemade potato chips. And folks, these taste so much better than ANY Store bought brand. Yes, these just happen to be plain, but you can do so much with these, just like any other potato recipe.

  • For a cheesy touch, while hot, sprinkle some parm cheese
  • For an herbal touch, chop up some fresh rosemary and sprinkle on top
  • Use Sea Salt for seasoning, some black pepper, paprika or cayenne pepper for heat.
  • Use all combinations above…the ideas are limitless! And you better believe these are much healthier and tastier than the store bought brands.

No comments: