Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saltines and Omega 3

Now, I grew up eating Sardines, so they don't skeeve me out and I feel bad for those folks who can't seem to get past the little critters.  They are so tasty!  What I didn't know was that Sardines are rich in Omega 3's, which made me feel even better about eating them.

My favorite way to eat sardines is with saltine crackers. Simple, delicious and as plain as can be.  I only buy one kind of Sardine...Brisling-2 Layer in Olive Oil.  That's the only way to go.

I was watching Alton Brown on the Food Network a few weeks back. The episode was about those funny little fish called "Sardines". He had this one really amazing recipe with Avocado and Grilled toast that just made my mouth water -- Sherried Sardine Toast.  I haven't made this recipe yet, but I must admit, I keep thinking about it...

So for the folks out there afraid of little fishies...Try out the recipe above or go with my favorite standby-Saltines and Sardines.

No comments: