Friday, January 29, 2010

Respect the Chef!

So, since I've been out of a job for way over a year, thought I would go down TV memory lane, since this blog is about food, cooking and the kitchen for the most part.
Not that I watch any cooking shows religiously, I however do have my favorites.  I have grown with many chefs that have come and most regrettably gone to another rhelm or just disappeared from the media.
The following chefs, in no particular order are my most favorite and extremely respected by me.

Food Network:
  • Alton Brown-Good Eats
  • Anne Burrell-Secrets of a Restaurant Chef and admittatly Worse Cooks in America
  • Any and all shows with Mario Batali and Morimoto
  • Bobby Flay-Throwdown
  • Emeril Lagasse -Wish the food network would bring him back
  • Any Iron Chef
  • Jamie Oliver
PBS (cooks I grew up with):
  • Julia Child
  • Jacques Pepin
  • Jacques Torres (miss him on the air)
  • Lidia's Italy
  • Emeril Lagasse
  • Jeff Smith
  • Martha Stewart (before she went prime)
Travel Channel:
  • Anthony Bourdain
No TV Shows:
  • Nobu
  • My Father
  • My Nana
  • My Sister
  • My Mother
  • My Great Nana and Nona

No comments: