Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Green Brownies-Was Money Involved?

Well, it looks like, at least at my local bodega, my brownies won't make any money. According to the son of the owner, no one wants to pay $2 for a 2.5x2.5 brownie. Most of the customers would rather pay $1.50 for a mass made and unknown ingredient filled piece of crap. And this bodega doesn't even sell brownies from the vendor they purchase from!

I kind of knew in the back of my mind folks in my neighborhood would have no sense of what really good food is. But it is disappointing that folks have no concept of wanting and expecting healthier and good food. I'm not so sad about not making money as I am more sad about the unhealthy customer decisions.  I do however, in these times understand that every penny not spent is a penny saved.

My Brownies may be a sugary treat, but they are much better than a brand that uses crazy chemicals, artificial flavors, and ingredients you can't even pronounce and have to look up in the dictionary or Wikipedia to find out what it is. 

1 comment:

SweetPeaSurry said...

Hmmm ... I'm surprised that they didn't sell. I wonder if there could have been some packaging ideas ... like maybe 2 for $2.50 tidied up in some colored celophane and a bow ... something to think about in the future.

Something will happen ... I'm sure of it.

Also ... when you start advertising ... you might try advertising that you could make those cheesecakes for cash!!! (you make some AWESOME cheesecakes!)