Monday, February 1, 2010

Green Brownies

Nooooo...These are not brownies baked with illegal substances.  However, they can be considered somewhat "green"-the ingredients are mostly organic and no delivery services required.  Though the green I am really hoping for is monetary.

About a year ago, I had made a batch of Brownies with Peanut butter swirls and brought them to my local bodega owner and his kids.  His kids loved them so much, they've been begging me to make them again and they offered to sell them in their store.  So, I finally broke down and made a batch this past weekend.

I didn't want to go with my traditional recipe, so I scoured the web looking for just the right recipe.  Nothing seemed to be going well, so I took bits and pieces from a bunch of recipes and this is what I came up with...

Decadent Dark Chocolate Browings with a Peanut Butter frosting.  So wish me luck on selling these...I hope I can atleast make my money back!

Dark Chocolate Brownies With Peanut Butter Frosting:
  • 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
  • 2 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
  • 2/3 cup butter = 1 Stick + 2 Tbls + 2 Tsp.
  • 1 c Organic Cane sugar
  • 3/4 c brown sugar, packed
  • 3 eggs - Free Range/pastured
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • Approx 2 tsp Real Vanilla Extract (Please don't use imitation)
Prep:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt butter with chocolate in a large saucepan, Over a double boiler. Remove from heat and stir in both sugars, add eggs when inital mix is cooled, flour, salt and vanilla. Spread batter into a greased 9x9x2 or 7x11x2 baking pan. Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes depending on your oven, or until they start to pull away from the edges of the pan. Cool for at least half an hour before slicing. Makes approx 16 brownies.
Peanut Butter Frosting:
  • 1/2 cup smooth organic unsweet peanut butter
  • 5 Tbls Butter,softened
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1-3 Tbls milk (if needed)
Beat peanut butter and margarine with an electric mixer until smooth.Add sugar.Beat until incorporated. If the frosting is too thick,add milk,a tablespoon at a time until you get the desired consistency.

1 comment:

SweetPeaSurry said...

oooh I love your bloggity blog!!! So far soooo terrific! I'll get the word out there if you'd like, so that you can get some feedback.

XO

Korie